Monday, 11 May 2015

Recycling outdated advice

I can’t remember why I bought this particular book, but it was probably around the time I decided to take an interest in nutrition and health. 

It’s not a bad book, but after skimming through the few hundred pages of information, I can’t say there was anything mind-blowing or worth taking notes on. Maybe I'm just hard to please.

As far as I could tell, because it was about as vague as a politician’s stance on promises, the author thought that eating like a Japanese person was the way to go. I believe they thought a “Japanese person” ate lots of fish and veggies. Brilliant.

Anyway, suffice to say that is the sort of advice worth recycling, because recycling is something I’m getting pretty good at. Mother’s Day and my wife’s birthday are fairly close to one another, so this year she got something extravagant. I’d like to think I’m super exciting to live with, but in reality there aren't too many surprises when living with Captain Quiet.

Enter a sharp (not really) knife and some scissors: 
This is a lot harder than it looks
Throw in an insanely expensive new phone from South Korea: 
who said phone books were redundant?
And I got to watch my Angel’s facial expression turn from “someone is seriously under-appreciating my value to this family” to “ooh, pretty” in a matter of seconds.

Have a good one.


4 comments:

  1. Wow 'Chips' what a brilliant idea ... one happy wife!

    Please pass on Happy Birthday Wishes from me

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday, Mrs. Chips! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tess. A 1970s party is on the cards this weekend. Oh, how I love dressing up.

      Delete