Saturday, 15 August 2015

I am a juicing convert

I'm not sure how it is in other countries but when I walk past one of the many juice/smoothie outlets, I see customers with drawn-in cheeks, sucking down the holy grail elixir that is undoubtedly the solution to eternal life. A bit like smokers, except the opposite, because...y'know...sucking down tar, toxins and nicotine and blowing smoke through your lungs is just idiotic.

It's obvious that sucking down the magical juice of twenty first century fruit, that we have bred to produce the maximum amount of sweetness and the optimum amount of nutrition, is very smart indeed. The whole scene is just so damn cool and convincing that an almost-middle-age dude like me had to see what the fuss was all about. Falling over this contraption in my local shop was just the push I needed:
That sneaky nutrition has been hiding all this time

Juicing is not usually my thing, 'cause I hate needles, but this sort of juicing is dead easy and painless. I thought of the first 4 ingredients that came to mind, threw them in the 'ninja' with some ice and fuck me if it didn't just blow my mind. A warm glow came over me as the delicious concoction delivered its payload to my goodness-receptors.

I am officially a convert. After only 1 smoothie, I was feeling energetic, sociable and after a second glass, the motivation to dance and sing became impossible to ignore. You might laugh this off as a useless n=1 and not proof of anything, but it works for me, so that's all that matters.

Don't get all judgey, try it for yourself. If it doesn't work for you, then you're probably doing it wrong.

30mL Triple sec
30mL lime juice
45mL tequila
squirt of sweetner
don't forget to salt the rim

5 comments:

  1. yep, I tried using vegetables and fruit once upon a time, but your method is significantly superior. ;-) my recipe is similar to yours, but I use Cointreau instead of Triple Sec, so I don't need the extra sweetener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Tess - yes, Cointreau is undoubtedly the better option, but unfortunately I had to make do with mostly second-rate ingredients on this occasion. Fresh limes would have been nice, too. In the end, my brain either couldn't tell the difference or didn't care.

      Delete
  2. ...Cointreau, a good option !

    But 'Chips' your recipe sounds good and you enjoyed your glass or two ... or three!

    Have a great weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best use for a juicer (in my opinion) is shredding horseradish for making a horseradish sauce, over-wise you would shed too much tears. Centrifugal juicers work well for such purpose by shredding and spinning ingredients at high speeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's useful for ginger root, too!... Love the juice recipe! ;)

    ReplyDelete